Astreos, a subsidiary of Venture Orbital Systems, is a brokering company providing services to smallsatellites operators and constructors. From factory to orbit, we contribute to sending payloads and satellites to space in a quick and affordable way. To expand its commercial team to serve more customers with more services, ASTREOS is looking for a Business Developer willing to take a full part in building up our services.
Integrated within the growing commercial team of Astreos, this role will participate in the development of our catalogue of services for small satellites, and actively engage in the commercialization of those services.
Your main tasks will be, in collaboration with the existing team:
- Promote and market our services and solutions for current or future smallsat operators;
- Actively engage in prospection by participating to events, or by contacting prospects directly;
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain our services to customers and prospective customers
- Address customers’ requests by providing preliminary technical analysis in interaction with our technical department.
- Engage in the proposition and development of new services and offers, participate in the continuous evolution of the business and pricing models for each service;
- Maintain and develop our network of service providers, perform market analysis to identify potential new services;
- Implement sales programs to maintain sales targets;
- Engage in negotiations with customers and suppliers towards signature of commercial contracts.
Depending on your profile and aspirations, a possible job evolution could be to accompany customers’ spacecrafts along their journey from factory to orbit, including on the launch pad.
- You are at ease with human and customer relations;
- You are passionate about space;
- You have skills in sales, negotiation and project management;
- You have an education in business, or in engineering with a relevant experience in sales, preferably at master’s level;
- Your level in English allows you to exchange with English-speaking interlocutors and to read and write spontaneously. Speaking French is a plus to blend into the existing team;
- A technical knowledge in engineering, or aerospace engineering, is a plus. Training can be provided;
- You are autonomous, curious and proactive;
- You have good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel or other equivalent relevant software.
Once you submitted your resume and your cover letter to email@example.com, you enter in our hiring process :
· We review your profile and offer you an interview if your profile matches with our expectations (with your future team leader and our CEO or CTO) ;
· We send you a fictive case study to know more about your skills ;
· We give you our final answer and collaborate together to match your expectations with your potential role ;
· You join us in our HQ at Reims, France (45mn to Paris). We partner with a local housing agency to help you relocate. We also partner with local development agency to help your marriage partner to find a nearby job matching their profile and a nursery for your children.
Venture Orbital Systems provides a full spectrum of tailor-made solutions for nanosatellites’ operator in their path to space. We build Zephyr, our launcher tailored for their needs. We also gather related services - insurance, logistics, legal and more –to cover the submerged part of their journey. To deploy this global solution, we bring together junior, senior, technical and commercial profiles behind a same vision: A smarter world where bold decisions can be taken thanks to the knowledge acquired from in-space activities.
At VOS, our success is powered by people and then technology. Collaboration and trust are the keys. This is why we ensure to have an inclusive workplace, accessible by everyone and supervised by a pro-active works council.
· Health insurance, provided by Alan
· Comprehensive teleworking policy
· Sustainable mode of transportation incentives
· Ticket Restaurant (meal vouchers)
Date : November 2021
Location : 8 Allée du Vignoble, Reims, 51100
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Venture Orbital Systems is committed to create a diverse environment where everyone regardless their sex, color, religion, origin, disability, age and other protected status have the ability to express their own talent and personality. Even if you don't fulfill 100% of qualifications don't hesitate to apply to the position.